Oven baked pork chops are an easy and delicious dinner recipe for any budget. They are so juicy and seasoned to perfection! Serve them with your favorite vegetables for a healthy meal idea.
Oven baked pork chops
Baked pork chops are super easy to make and are ready in less than 30 minutes!
When I make them, I use bone-in chops. This helps make them extra juicy and flavorful. However, if you prefer, you can use boneless pork chops instead. Either way, you will have tender and moist chops that will make the perfect weeknight dinner.
As they cook, the juices from the pork chops combine with the seasonings to create a delicious sauce in the baking dish. Serve the sauce over the pork chops for even more delicious flavor!
As an added plus, this recipe is also keto, high protein, and healthy!
How long to cook oven baked pork chops
Pork chop cooking times will vary based on their thickness and the oven temperature. Bone-in and boneless pork chops also have different cooking times.
Bone-In at 400 degrees F
- 1/2 inch thick: 12 - 14 minutes
- 1-inch thick: 18 - 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 in thick: 22 - 25 minutes
Boneless at 400 degrees F
- 1/2 inch thick pork chop: 10 - 12 minutes
- 1-inch thick pork chop: 15 - 18 minutes
- 1 1/2 inch thick: 20 -22 minutes
You should bake pork chops uncovered. You know they are done when they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees. If you overcook them, they will dry out and become tougher.
Here’s what you will need to do to make baked pork chops in the oven.
- Pork chops - You can use bone in or boneless both work great. I used 1-inch thick bone-in pork chops.
- Seasonings - You’ll want to use salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
- Olive oil - If you prefer, you could use a different cooking oil.
- Worchestershire Sauce - This adds both extra flavor and moisture.
How to cook baked pork chops in the oven
Step by step instructions:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, and arrange the pork chops in a baking dish.
- Rub the front and back of each pork chop with olive oil. Then, season them front and back with the seasonings.
- Drizzle the Worcestershire sauce over the top of the pork chops.
- Bake uncovered in the oven for 18 - 20 minutes. They are done when the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
Recipe Tips and Variations
For some great variations, you can try the following:
- You could swap the Worcestershire sauce in this recipe for soy sauce. If you do, just cut the salt measurement in half since soy sauce adds a lot of salt on its own.
- Swap the seasonings for a premade pork seasoning rub, like BBQ.
- Add your favorite vegetables like broccoli or green beans to the pan for a one-pan meal idea.
- I use a digital meat thermometer to check the internal temp of the pork chops. They are done when they reach 145 degrees, and if you cook them too much longer, they will dry out.
What to Serve with
You can add vegetables to the same pan as the pork chops for an easy one-pan meal idea. Here are a few other side dishes that you can serve with baked pork chops:
- Air Fryer Garlic Green Beans
- Oven Roasted Broccoli with Lemon and Parmesan
- Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Sauteed Mushrooms
Looking for another easy pork chop recipe? Check out this Easy Air Fryer Pork Chops recipe!
More easy dinner recipes
If you like easy to make dinner ideas, you should check out these other great options:
- 4 pork chops, (I used 1 inch thick bone-in)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Arrange pork chops in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika in a small bowl to make a seasoning rub.
- Rub each pork chop with olive oil on both sides. Season both sides of the pork chops with the seasoning. Make sure to rub the seasoning into the pork chops.
- Drizzle the Worcestershire sauce over the top of each pork chop.
- Bake uncovered for 18 minutes in the oven. Enjoy!
- Pork chops are done when they reach an internal temp of 145 degrees. Use a meat thermometer to ensure they are cooked through.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 400Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 700mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 40g
All nutritional information and calculations are provided as a courtesy. Nutritional values are estimates only. Variations may occur due to product, and brand selection. You should not rely on this information for medical advice.
Kay is passionate about living a healthy low carb lifestyle. She loves low carb comfort foods that are also family-friendly!