Air fryer green beans are the perfect, keto-friendly side dish. Easy to prepare and fast cooking, you can serve them with your favorite main dishes or even heat them up as a quick, healthy snack any time of the day!
It can be hard to come up with sides that keep your macros in check.
These air fryer green beans are the perfect low carb side.
If you’ve only had this veggie boiled or steamed, well, you are in for a real treat. They get nice and crisp in the air fryer and extra delicious!
How long to cook green beans in air fryer
How long you cook green beans in the air fryer depends on how well you like them done. These air fryer green beans take between 8 - 10 minutes.
At 8 minutes, the beans will still be a bit firm and have a bit of snap left to them. Around 10 minutes, they become slightly blistered and have a more tender texture.
One great reason to use the air fryer is that you can easily check the beans as they cook by pulling the basket out. If they look and feel right to you, you can always stop the cooking process and serve them at their desired doneness level.
Here is what you’ll need for these air fryer green beans:
- Fresh green beans - You can find these in the produce section of the grocery store. You can get pre-washed and trimmed or may be able to find ones that you need to wash and trim yourself.
- Spices - For some added flavor, I use salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Olive Oil - You could use another oil if you prefer. The small amount of oil helps give the beans a bit of a crispy outside.
- Minced garlic (optional) - Minced garlic adds extra flavor, but you could skip this if you prefer.
How to cook green beans in air fryer
Here are the steps to making green beans in the air fryer.
Step 1: Season the beans.
In a medium bowl, add the green beans. Next, sprinkle in the salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add in the olive oil and minced garlic (optional), then toss it to combine.
Step 2: Air fry.
Arrange the green beans in the air fryer, giving them a bit of space between the beans. They can touch some, but the more space the more the air can hit all parts of the beans.
Air fry the beans for 8 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Tip: Drizzle a little extra olive oil over the beans once they are done cooking for added rich flavor!
Air Fryer Recommendations
I use the Cosori 3.7 qt air fryer. It’s my fave and cooks evenly every time!
I also like the Ninja Foodi air fryer. It also works great and gives you awesome results.
Just keep in mind that, like ovens, cooking times may vary between air fryers. If you find the air fryer is cooking faster or slower, you can adjust the times accordingly.
Recipe Tips and Variations
- Sprinkle grated parmesan on the finished green beans for added flavor.
- Sprinkle in crumbled bacon.
- Make garlicky green beans using your Instant Pot using my easy Instant Pot Southern Style Green Beans recipe!
- Get creative with the seasonings. Try sprinkling in red pepper flakes for added spice!
What to Serve with
Green beans make a great side dish for just about any keto or low carb meal you can think of. They are a great companion to:
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Best Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- Best Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
- Keto Meatloaf | Classic Southern Style
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- 1. Add the green beans to a medium bowl.
- 2. Season the green beans with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Next, drizzle in the olive oil. Optional: Add in the minced garlic. Toss everything together ensuring that the beans are evenly coated.
- 3. Arrange the green beans in the air fryer, and air fry at 350 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes.
- 4. Remove the green beans from the air fryer, and serve.
- Cook the green beans longer or shorter to your desired tenderness.
- Adding minced garlic to the green beans is optional, though it results in delicious garlicky flavor!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 37Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 271mgCarbohydrates: 8gNet Carbohydrates: 5gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 2g
All nutritional information and calculations are provided as a courtesy. Nutritional values are estimates only. Variations may occur due to product, and brand selection. You should not rely on this information for medical advice.
Kay is passionate about living a healthy low carb lifestyle. She loves low carb comfort foods that are also family-friendly!