Air fryer frozen chicken wings are an easy snack or meal you can enjoy any time! Save time by not having to thaw out your chicken wings prior to cooking. Ready in less than 30 minutes, they are the perfect game day appetizer!
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
The air fryer is an amazing kitchen gadget that lets you crisp up a delicious serving of frozen chicken wings without having to defrost them first.
When I make frozen chicken wings, I typically buy the ones you can find in a bag. Some of my favorite brands are Tyson and Costco frozen chicken wings.
Can you cook frozen chicken wings in an air fryer?
Yes, you can air fry frozen, non-thawed wings!
The key to using frozen wings is to season them after they have defrosted in the air fryer for a few minutes. This ensures that the seasoning stays on the chicken throughout the cooking process.
How long to cook frozen wings in air fryer
Frozen chicken wings should be cooked from 25 - 30 minutes at 400 degrees in the air fryer. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
The exact time will vary depending on your air fryer. Some cook faster than others, so you will want to check the wings for around 20 minutes to check that they are done.
For these wings, you’ll need the following:
- Frozen chicken wings - I use the frozen chicken wings that come in a bag.
- Spices - You’ll need salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. These will give the wings a bit of flavor. You can add additional spices or rubs to suit your tastes.
- Favorite wing sauce - I love using Frank’s Red Hot or Frank’s Red Hot Wing Sauce. You can use your preferred brand or style to make these wings perfect for your taste.
How to cook frozen wings in the air fryer
Step by Step Instructions:
- Arrange the wings in the air fryer basket. Air fry for 7 minutes to defrost.
- Drain any excess water from the air fryer basket and season the chicken wings.
- Air fry the chicken wings for another 20 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
How to add breading to the wings
You can add breading to the wings by adding a tablespoon of baking powder to the seasoning mixture. Simply mix the seasonings with the baking powder before seasoning the wings.
I have step-by-step instructions for this in my Air Fryer Buffalo Wings recipe.
If you don't mind the carbs, you can also use flour instead of baking powder.
Dipping Sauce Ideas
Wings go great with dipping sauces. Some of my favorites include:
- Ranch dressing
- Blue cheese dressing
- Buffalo sauce
- Keto friendly BBQ
- Cheese sauce
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
- Crispy Oven Fried Chicken Wings
- Best Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- Best Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
- Lemon Butter Chicken
Frozen Chicken Wings in Air Fryer
These Air Fryer Frozen Chicken wings are made in less than 30 minutes! Perfect for an appetizer, lunch, or dinner.
- 8 chicken wings, (drumettes or flats)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt OR salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Dipping sauce of choice
- Arrange the chicken wings in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 7 minutes at 400 degrees to defrost the wings.
- Open the air fryer basket, and drain any excess liquid from the air fryer.
- Season the front and back of the wings with the seasonings.
- Air fry the chicken wings for another 20 minutes, flipping the wings halfway through the cooking time.
- Serve wings with your favorite dipping sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 88Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 105mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 5g
All nutritional information and calculations are provided as a courtesy. Nutritional values are estimates only. Variations may occur due to product, and brand selection. You should not rely on this information for medical advice.
Kay is passionate about living a healthy low carb lifestyle. She loves low carb comfort foods that are also family-friendly!
Leave a Reply