Easy and delicious baked chicken drumsticks! The chicken comes out amazingly juicy and full of flavor. Baked chicken drumsticks are perfect for weeknight dinners.
Sometimes I feel like deciding what I'm going to cook for dinner on any given day is a whole other job! Nobody is ever sure what they want for dinner, yet everyone is waiting around for me to make something. Let me tell you, some days I am over it! LOL!
That's why I keep a few no fuss easy recipes in regular rotation. Baked chicken drumsticks happen to be one of them. It is one of those dinner ideas that takes only minutes to prepare and only requires a few simple ingredients that you likely already have in your pantry.
How to season chicken legs
The key to getting good flavor in this recipe is all about the seasoning! While I provide basic measurements for the seasonings, use your best judgment as well.
You should be able to tell if the chicken needs a little extra seasoning. If you aren't as experienced, then I recommend sticking to my measurements. Ultimately, you just don't want to go too heavy on the salt being that the Worcestershire sauce also contains salt.
How to make baked chicken drumsticks
Simply add the chicken, along with the seasonings, olive oil, and Worcestershire sauce to a large freezer bag. Shake the bag to ensure that the chicken is evenly coated. Allow the chicken to marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Arrange the chicken on a baking sheet, and bake uncovered (flipping halfway through) in the oven at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Line the baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
- Allow the chicken to marinate for an hour for more flavor.
- Chicken is done cooking when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Use a cooking thermometer to ensure chicken is fully cooked.
- You can substitute the Worcestershire sauce in the recipe for soy sauce if you prefer. I typically use whichever I have on hand.
These side dishes would go great with this recipe:
- Oven Roasted Broccoli with Lemon and Parmesan
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Cheddar
- Easy Fried Cabbage with Bacon
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 487Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 328mgSodium: 542mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 62g
Kay is passionate about living a healthy low carb lifestyle. She loves low carb comfort foods that are also family-friendly!