Baked chicken drumsticks are an easy family dinner recipe. The chicken comes out amazingly juicy, has crispy skin, and is full of flavor. Made with a simple chicken marinade, they are sure to be a favorite!
Baked Chicken Drumsticks
Baked chicken drumsticks are a dinner idea that the entire family will enjoy! The best part is that they are super easy to make. Simply season the chicken, let it marinate, and bake it in the oven!
This recipe is made with a delicious chicken marinade made with pantry staples that you likely already have on hand. The chicken legs come out juicy, full of flavor, with a slightly crispy skin.
How long to cook baked chicken drumsticks
Baked chicken drumsticks take between 35 to 45 minutes when baked at 375 degrees. This cooking time is typically the same when baking at any temperature between 350 and 425 degrees. Keep in mind that cooking times will vary by oven. Chicken is fully cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Should I cover my chicken legs with foil while baking?
It is not necessary to cover chicken legs with foil while baking. If left uncovered, the chicken will have a crispier skin. On the other hand, covering the chicken while cooking produces juicer chicken. It's really up to your personal preference.
- Chicken Legs: Chicken legs are considered dark meat, and have more fat than white meat. This results in more flavor, and juicer chicken.
- Seasonings: The seasonings in this recipe are very simple. I used salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and oregano.
- Worcestershire Sauce: Great for adding an extra layer of flavor, and pairs really well with chicken. Alternatively, you could also use soy sauce.
- Olive Oil: Adds some healthy fat, and is great for marinading chicken.
How to make baked chicken drumsticks
- Add the chicken, seasonings, olive oil, and Worcestershire sauce to a large freezer bag.
- Seal the bag shut, and shake the bag to ensure that the chicken is evenly coated with the seasonings.
- Allow the chicken to marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the freezer bag, and arrange it on a baking sheet.
- Bake uncovered, flipping the chicken halfway through the cooking time. Enjoy!
- Line the baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
- Allow the chicken to marinate for an hour for more flavor.
- Chicken is done cooking when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Use a cooking thermometer to ensure chicken is fully cooked.
- You can substitute the Worcestershire sauce in the recipe for soy sauce if you prefer. I typically use whichever I have on hand.
These side dishes would go great with this recipe:
- Oven Roasted Broccoli with Lemon and Parmesan
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Cheddar
- Easy Fried Cabbage with Bacon
- Best Keto Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- 6 chicken legs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce, (alternatively you can use Soy Sauce)
- dried parsley for garnish, optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large freezer bag and seal it closed.
- Shake all of the ingredients in the bag together. Make sure that the chicken is evenly coated with everything.
- Allow the chicken to marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. For best results, marinate for 1 - 2 hours.
- Arrange the chicken on a baking sheet, and bake in the oven for 45 minutes, flipping the chicken over halfway through the cooking time. Chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Optionally, garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 487Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 328mgSodium: 542mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 62g
Kay is passionate about living a healthy low carb lifestyle. She loves low carb comfort foods that are also family-friendly!