This broccoli cheese casserole is the perfect low carb keto side dish. Cream cheese, cheddar, and fresh broccoli are baked into a cheesy delicious casserole. Your entire family is sure to enjoy this recipe!
Broccoli is usually the last thing on any picky eater’s list. However, who can say no to cheese?!
What better way to jazz up fresh broccoli, then by making broccoli cheese casserole. I am a full believer in incorporating vegetables into as many meals as possible.
However, they can get pretty boring after a while on their own. Adding cheese, or my favorite seasonings always is a good way to get my family excited about eating them.
For this recipe, I used cream cheese which is good on pretty much anything in my book! I added in a few other kinds of cheese, along with ranch seasoning which really takes this broccoli cheese bake to the next level.
What goes with broccoli casserole?
You can serve this casserole with steak, baked chicken, fish, or just enjoy it on its own. This dish is also great for holiday gatherings. Just be sure to double the recipe and use a larger baking dish if making it for a crowd.
With just a few simple ingredients, this recipe is ready in less than 30 minutes!
Can broccoli cheese casserole be frozen?
Yes, it can be frozen as long as it’s stored in a freezer container and fully thawed before reheating. Be sure to drain any excess liquid from the dish.
Prior to freezing the casserole, be sure that it has cooled completely. It can also last in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days.
Broccoli Cheese Casserole Ingredients
- Broccoli Florets
- Cream Cheese
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Ranch Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese
How to make broccoli cheese casserole
I recommend using fresh broccoli for this recipe. I like to give it light steam in the microwave prior to making the casserole.
To steam the broccoli, add the broccoli and a small amount of water (about 3 tablespoons) to a medium microwave-safe bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and microwave for 3 minutes. Allow it to cool for 3 minutes, and drain any excess from the bowl.
In the same bowl, add the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream, ranch seasoning, and salt and pepper. Mix together until everything is combined.
Pour the broccoli and cheese mixture into an 8×8 baking dish and spread evenly. Sprinkle the cheddar jack cheese on top.
Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted.
Variations of this recipe
- You could add chicken, ham, or bacon for extra protein.
- Try adding a cup of cauliflower rice for even more vegetables, and to make this more filling.
- Feel free to try switching up the types of cheese. Smoked gouda is one of my favorites to add in place of the cheddar!
You might also like these other easy casseroles with broccoli:
- 20 ounces fresh broccoli, (about 5 cups or 2 crowns)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning mix
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese, (you can also use Monterey Jack instead)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To steam the broccoli, add the broccoli and a small amount of water (about 3 tablespoons) to a medium microwave-safe bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and microwave for 3 minutes. Allow it to cool for 3 minutes, and drain any excess water from the bowl.
- In the same bowl, add the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream, ranch seasoning, and salt and pepper. Mix together until everything is combined.
- Pour the broccoli and cheese mixture into an 8x8 baking dish and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the cheddar jack cheese on top of the casserole evenly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 303Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 533mgCarbohydrates: 11gNet Carbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 12g