Creamy lemon chicken is an easy low carb recipe that is great for the whole family. The sauce is made with lemon juice, minced garlic, and heavy cream for a full rich flavor. Just serve with your favorite keto vegetable and dinner is served!
The other day I was finishing up with work, and thinking about what I should make for dinner just like any other day. With a family of 4, I’m always trying to balance making something that everyone will eat.
Between myself, my husband, and the kids – we all have very different tastebuds. So it’s always a win when I can find something that the entire house will enjoy. And let me tell you! I have found another winner to add to the list of recipes that we can all agree on!
This creamy lemon chicken is the ultimate crowd pleaser! And the best part about it is you can make it in just one skillet in about 30 minutes! If you don’t know by now, I am all about one-pot/one-skillet recipes. Because you know, the dishes won’t wash themselves!
I just so happened to have some chicken thighs on hand that I needed to use, and the rest of the ingredients for this recipe were already in the kitchen. These lemon garlic chicken thighs are super easy to make and you likely have most of the ingredients on hand already as well!
Chicken Thighs vs. Chicken Breast
If you don’t have chicken thighs, feel free to use chicken breast instead. Just be sure that the chicken is boneless as boneless chicken requires less cooking time. I prefer to use chicken thighs because they have more flavor than chicken breasts. This is due to them having a higher fat content which is great for the keto diet! Chicken thighs are also super affordable – another win for this recipe!
Creamy Lemon Chicken Ingredients
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (you can also use 4 thinly sliced chicken breasts instead)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk or arrowroot powder, (optional for a thicker sauce)
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds for garnish (optional)
How to make Creamy Lemon Chicken
- Start by seasoning the chicken with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a medium-high heated non-stick skillet, add the olive oil and the chicken. Cook the chicken for about 7 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. You don’t want to see any pink on the inside of the chicken.
- Once the chicken is finished cooking, remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the butter and the minced garlic. Allow the butter to melt, and saute the garlic for about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth and begin to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pan as you stir. Allow the broth to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the heavy cream and lemon juice and stir everything together. Bring the sauce to a light simmer, and reduce heat to medium. Allow the sauce to cook for another 5 minutes. Optional: You can add the psyllium husk at this step if you want a thicker sauce.
- Return the chicken to the pan and continue to cook for another 3 minutes. Top with sliced lemons for garnish and serve.
More great low carb chicken recipes:
Lemon Garlic Sauce
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 415 Total Fat: 33g Saturated Fat: 17g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 202mg Sodium: 397mg Carbohydrates: 3g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 29g