These Keto peanut butter cookies that taste just as good as regular peanut butter cookies. You would never guess that this recipe is sugar-free. If you’re looking for a delicious low carb snack, while curbing cravings then keep reading!
The great thing about making low carb peanut butter cookies is that they don’t require any special baking skills because they are so easy to make! This recipe only calls for 5 ingredients and no fancy instructions. These cookies are really perfect when you need a snack on the go.
I made them the other day for my family and waited until after they were done eating them to tell them that they were sugar-free. No one could even tell the difference! Of course, that led to everyone asking how they still tasted so delicious.
To sweeten the cookies, I used Swerve granulated sweetener. It’s seriously my favorite low carb sweetener, and the great part is there are no crazy measurement conversions. It measures cup for cup just like real sugar. Pretty sweet right! (No pun intended…well maybe.)
What’s a good brand of keto peanut butter?
Of course, we also need a good keto peanut butter to make peanut butter cookies. Surprisingly, I already had one in my pantry from my last Daniel Fast stint. The brand I personally use is Smuckers Natural Creamy Peanut Butter. True natural peanut butter should only contain peanuts and less than 1% of salt. Also keep in mind that it’s very oily, and you’ll notice excess oil in the jar. I just mix it up prior to using it each time.
Peanut butter is great for the keto diet as long as it’s natural and sugar-free. 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter contains about 6-7 carbs. To calculate net carbs subtract the carbs that come from fiber. This leaves us with about 2-4 net carbs which are perfectly fine.
Besides peanut butter and Swerve, the other 3 ingredients that I used in this recipe are 1 egg, vanilla extract, and a little baking powder. I prefer chewy peanut butter cookies, and I found that adding a little baking powder helps with that.
How to make Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add all of the ingredients. Stir just until combined.
- Separate the dough, and roll it into balls and place on a lined ungreased cookie sheet. (I was able to make 8 cookie dough balls with this recipe.
- Using a fork, make criss-cross lines in the dough while also flattening the cookies by pressing down on them gently. (You can also slightly flatten the cookies with your hand or a spatula prior to marking them with the fork if you prefer flatter cookies.)
- Once you finish flattening and marking the cookies, place them in the oven and bake for 12 -15 minutes. (Mine were done in 12.)
- Remove the cookies from the oven, and let them cool for at least 5 minutes. Then enjoy.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 23mg Sodium: 158mg Carbohydrates: 7g Net Carbohydrates: 4g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 9g