Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole is the perfect comfort dish. You won’t even miss the hamburger bun after trying this amazing recipe! This cheesy low carb casserole is full of cheese, ground beef, and bacon. It is definitely a meat lovers dream!
While you can’t eat cheeseburgers with a traditional bun on the keto diet, this delicious low carb bacon cheeseburger casserole is sure to curb your cravings.
There is something so satisfying about a good bacon cheeseburger. Layers of meat, cheese, and bacon topped with ketchup – seriously, it’s just an amazing combination! Even my husband who is not on a low carb diet loves this cheesy low carb bacon cheeseburger casserole.
Making Low Carb Cheeseburger Casserole Ahead of Time
One of my favorite things about making casseroles is that they are a great make-ahead meal. You can make this recipe ahead of time, and store it in your freezer. Simply take it out of the freezer a day ahead for meal prep. Once thawed, this keto casseroled may be stored in the fridge for 3 – 4 days.
While I made this recipe based on what I prefer on my own cheeseburger, feel free to add or remove ingredients as you like as long as they are keto-friendly of course!
What Goes into the Casserole
The main ingredients are seasoned ground beef, chopped bacon, onions, cheese, and pickles. However, feel free to add any of your favorite keto-friendly toppings as well! Mushrooms would be another great addition to this recipe. Keto bacon cheeseburger casserole can also be served with a side of reduced sugar ketchup and yellow mustard.
How to Make Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
Hint: For a list of step by step instructions, scroll down for the recipe card.
- Start off by cooking the bacon. Then season and brown the ground beef with chopped onions and garlic.
- Add the cream cheese, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce to skillet with the ground beef.
- Once everything is heated through, spread the ground beef mixture into a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Top the ground beef mixture with the chopped bacon and pickles.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, heavy cream, and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Mix it together and pour evenly over the ground beef and bacon.
- Evenly top the casserole with the remaining cup of shredded cheese.
- Place the casserole in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Allow cooling 5 minutes before serving.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 336 Total Fat: 25g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 118mg Sodium: 722mg Carbohydrates: 3g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Protein: 23g