These oven fried chicken wings are super crispy and seasoned to perfection. They are perfect for dinner, and also make a great appetizer. Serve them with your favorite dipping sauces, for added flavor. Learn how to make crispy chicken wings in the oven with this easy recipe!
Oven Fried Chicken Wings Recipe
Oven fried chicken wings are made without flour, so they are low carb and keto-friendly! Don't worry, these wings come out super crispy and full of flavor.
This recipe is perfect for lunch, dinner, or as an appetizer. I like eating them with hot sauce, but you could also serve them with ranch, blue cheese, or buffalo sauce.
The key to great chicken wings is all in the seasonings. We are going to be seasoning these wings generously because nobody likes bland chicken!
How to make wings crispy in the oven
The trick to making crispy wings in the oven is baking powder! You'll want to be sure that it is aluminum-free, so you don't get a metallic taste. Aluminum-free baking powder mixed with seasonings creates a delicious crispy breading when baked in the oven.
You cannot substitute baking soda for the baking powder, as they will not come out the same.
Also, you'll want to make sure that you pat the wings dry to get rid of excess moisture. This will ensure that the wings are extra crispy!
Oven Temperature and Cook Time
We are going to be baking these wings at 425 degrees to make sure they are nice and crispy. Cooking them at a high temperature ensures that the wings form a nice breaded coating.
At 425 degrees, they only take 50 minutes to bake. Just flip them over halfway through the cooking time so that both sides cook evenly.
What to serve with chicken wings
- chicken wings - drummettes and flats work best for this recipe
- baking powder - this is the trick to crispy baked wings!
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- seasoning salt - great for that classic seasoned flavor
- salt and pepper
How to make oven fried chicken wings
Start by mixing all of the seasonings and baking powder in a small bowl.
Next, season the chicken with seasonings and baking powder mixture. You'll want to make sure that the chicken is evenly coated on the outside.
Arrange the chicken on a baking sheet, and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes flipping the chicken over halfway through.
Remove from the oven, and serve. Enjoy them with your favorite dipping sauce!
Here are a few other easy chicken recipes:
- 2 pounds chicken wings and drumettes
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix the baking powder with all of the seasonings.
- Add the chicken wings to a separate medium-sized bowl. Be sure to pat the chicken wings dry to get rid of any excess moisture.
- Season the chicken with the baking powder and seasoning mixture. Toss the chicken around in the bowl to ensure that they are evenly covered with seasoning.
- Arrange the chicken wings on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper. Bake in the oven at 425 degrees for 50 minutes flipping the wings over halfway through baking. They should bake for about 25 minutes on each side, to ensure that both sides are crispy.
- Remove the chicken wings from the oven, and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 337Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 142mgSodium: 528mgCarbohydrates: 1gNet Carbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 36g