A delicious keto chicken parmesan that tastes just like your favorite classic recipe. Made with a crispy coating, mozzarella cheese, and marinara sauce!
Keto Chicken Parmesan
I'm always down for an easy recipe that tastes like it took a lot more time than it actually did to make. Chicken parmesan is definitely one of those recipes.
The first time I had chicken parmesan was at one of my favorite Italian restaurants, and it has become one of my favorite recipes as an adult. I just love how this recipe has so many layers of flavor.
It starts with a seasoned crunchy breaded coating and then is layered with marinara sauce, finished with a cheesy topping.
This is an easy chicken parmesan recipe that doesn't use breadcrumbs or pork rinds. Instead, I use a mixture of grated parmesan, almond flour, and parsley. This is the same "keto breadcrumb" mixture that I use in my Southern Style Keto Meatloaf. With this keto chicken parmesan, you still get all the flavor without the carbs!
How to Make Keto Chicken Parmesan
- Chicken Breasts - These should be thinly sliced. If they are too thick, be sure to slice them in half.
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Egg - used as a binder. This helps the breading stick to the chicken.
- Garlic and Onion Powder
- Grated Parmesan Cheese - This is a great low carb breading substitute that also adds great flavor.
- Almond Flour - Another great low carb breading substitute.
- Olive Oil
- Marinara Sauce - I used Rao's. Just be sure that whatever you use doesn't have any added sugar.
- Shredded Mozzarella
- Start by dipping the chicken in the egg mixture, and then coating it in the parmesan and almond flour mixture one at a time.
- Lightly fry each piece of coated chicken in a large skillet for about 1 minute on each side. This gives the coating a nice crunchy texture, while also giving it a nice brown color.
- Spread a thin layer of the marinara sauce on the bottom of a baking dish. Then, evenly arrange the chicken on top of the marinara sauce.
- Pour an even amount of marinara sauce over each piece of chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Sprinkle each piece of chicken with an even amount of the mozzarella cheese, and then return to the oven for 10 more minutes.
Side Dishes to Serve with Keto Chicken Parmesan
- Oven Roasted Broccoli with Lemon and Parmesan
- Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Instant Pot Southern Style Green Beans
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 375Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 712mgCarbohydrates: 9gNet Carbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 37g
Kay is passionate about living a healthy low carb lifestyle. She loves low carb comfort foods that are also family-friendly!