Keto broccoli cheese casserole is a classic southern dish that comes together in just 30 minutes. Cream cheese, cheddar, and shredded rotisserie chicken are baked together for a cheesy easy dinner idea!
I am all about a good cheesy casserole! There’s just something so comforting about a nice baked meal that doesn’t require that much preparation.
Keto broccoli cheese casserole with chicken is definitely one of those comfort meals that the whole family will enjoy. This recipe uses cream cheese and cheddar. Honestly, who can say no to cream cheese on anything?!
The great thing about this dish is that it’s so versatile.
You can serve this recipe as a main dish, or a side dish. Also, because it’s made with a rotisserie chicken you can throw it together in just a few minutes.
Keto broccoli cheese casserole is low carb, and perfect for those lazy keto days!
How to make Keto Broccoli Cheese Casserole
Only a few convenient ingredients are needed for this easy recipe.
- Broccoli – Super obvious, I know! Broccoli is keto-friendly and full of nutrients.
- Rotisserie Chicken – I love using rotisserie chicken, mainly for the convenience. You can also opt for canned chicken or shredded chicken breasts.
- Cream Cheese – I use cream cheese in most of my casserole recipes. It just adds to the creaminess and holds everything together.
- Cheddar – I prefer sharp cheddar because of the robust flavor.
- Mayo – Mayonaisse is keto friendly, and adds a bit more creaminess to the casserole.
- Dijon Mustard (Optional) – Ok, so this is completely optional. However, I like to think of the dijon mustard as my extra special secret ingredient for this recipe. It adds a very small tangy flavor that compliments that chicken so well!
- First, lightly steam the broccoli in the microwave. To do this, add the broccoli along with about 1/4 cup of water to a medium bowl. Microwave for about 2 – 3 minutes. Drain any excess water.
- Remove the meat from the rotisserie chicken, and shred it with 2 forks.
- Add all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl, with the exception of 1/2 cup of the cheddar.
4. Spread the mixture in a casserole dish, and top with the remaining cheese.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until the cheese begins to get bubbly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you freeze keto broccoli cheese casserole?
Yes, you can freeze broccoli cheese casserole. Allow it to thaw prior to reheating. I recommend reheating it in the oven.
What should you serve with broccoli cheese casserole?
Broccoli cheese casserole with chicken can be served as a main dish, and really doesn’t need a side dish to go with it. However, this casserole could also work well with a salad or cauliflower rice.
How long will broccoli cheese casserole last in the fridge.
This recipe can last in the fridge for 3 – 5 days.
If you like this recipe, you will also enjoy:
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 347Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 502mgCarbohydrates: 11gNet Carbohydrates: 7gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 15g