An easy keto steak marinade that has all the flavor you'll need! This recipe is made with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and coco aminos. It's so easy to make, and sure to be your go-to steak marinade!
When it comes to making the perfect steak, a good marinade can make all the difference in taking the flavor up a notch! While it may be tempting to grab the store-bought marinade, I highly recommend making your own steak marinade from scratch.
Store-bought steak marinades tend to be loaded with sugars, and most contain soy sauce which isn't as keto-friendly. In this keto steak marinade recipe, I used coco aminos in place of soy sauce.
What are coco aminos?
Coco aminos is a seasoning sauce made with coconut blossom nectar, water, and salt. It's a great soy sauce replacement and is low carb making it great for the keto diet.
It also contains a lot less sodium than soy sauce, making it less salty. It tastes very similar to soy sauce nonetheless, with a more tangy flavor.
Should you marinate steak?
The main purpose of a marinade is to enhance the flavor of the steak. Marinating steak can also make it more tender, which is great for tougher cuts of meat.
How long should you marinate steak?
Less tender cuts of steak will require more time to marinate, while more tender cuts only need to be marinaded for a short period of time. Steaks should be marinated for at least 30 minutes, but no more than 8 hours. Marinating steaks for too long can cause them to become mushy.
What ingredients go into keto steak marinade
- Coco Aminos - A delicious low carb soy sauce alternative. Coco aminos are also low in sodium, soy-free, vegan, and loaded with essential amino acids.
- Balsamic Vinegar - The acid in the vinegar helps to tenderize the steak, and give it that delicious balsamic flavor.
- Worchestershire Sauce - A classic steak marinade staple.
- Olive Oil - A healthy fat that is keto friendly.
- Garlic - Minced garlic adds an extra layer of flavor to the marinade.
- Italian Seasoning - Dried herbs that usually contain basil, thyme, oregano, and rosemary.
- Salt and Pepper
How to make keto steak marinade
Simply combine all of the ingredients in a bowl, and whisk together. You can marinate the steaks in either a glass bowl, large freezer bags, or a glass casserole dish. Ensure that the steaks are completely saturated in the marinade.
If you like this keto steak marinade recipe, you will also love this Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken with Veggies ! The marinade for the chicken is very similar, and leaves the chicken juicy and full of flavor!
- 1/3 cup coco aminos
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a medium-size glass bowl, and add the steaks. Be sure that the steaks are fully coated in the marinade.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Marinade in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, but no more than 8 hours.
- Discard marinade, and cook steaks to your preference.
You can also pour the marinade in a large freezer bag and marinate the steaks in a freezer bag instead.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 124Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 197mgCarbohydrates: 5gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
Kay is passionate about living a healthy low carb lifestyle. She loves low carb comfort foods that are also family-friendly!