An easy sheet pan balsamic chicken recipe with veggies. The chicken is baked in the oven with mushrooms, broccoli, and tomatoes for a complete meal made in less than 30 minutes.
If you need an easy meal prep, lunch, or dinner idea - look no further! This easy sheet pan balsamic chicken recipe is the perfect all in one recipe.
The chicken is marinated in an easy balsamic chicken marinade and baked along with seasoned veggies. The marinade is made of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and a few seasonings to add some zest. Don't let the simple ingredients fool you! This chicken is juicy and full of flavor.
You can easily store this recipe in meal prep containers for lunch throughout the week, or just toss it in the oven for an easy weeknight dinner idea!
Another bonus is that it's healthy, low carb, and tastes good enough to cook for guests. It really gets no better than that!
For this recipe, I used chicken tenderloin strips. However, you can also use thinly sliced chicken breasts as well.
How to Make Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken with Veggies
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Start by mixing together the marinade ingredients in a medium bowl. Add the chicken to the marinade, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (no more than 5 hours).
While the chicken is marinating, arrange the veggies on a large sheet pan. Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil, and season them with the seasonings.
Arrange the veggies evenly to each side of the pan to make room for the chicken in the middle. Once the chicken is done marinating, arrange each piece side by side in the middle of the pan. Spoon about a teaspoon of the marinade over each piece of chicken prior to cooking. Discard the remaining marinade.
Bake the chicken and veggies for 20 minutes, or the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Can you cook raw chicken and vegetables together?
Yes, as long as you utilize safe food handling practices. Make sure that the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees. Being that both the vegetables and chicken are being cooked at the same time, you will be fine.
How long can I marinate chicken?
Chicken can be marinated up to 2 days. However, it is recommended that you marinate it for no more than about 6 hours. Marinating chicken for too long can cause it to be tough. Typically, chicken will soak up the marinade flavor in about 2 hours. For this recipe, I only marinated the chicken for 30 minutes and still achieved a lot of flavor.
Other keto-friendly vegetables to serve with sheet pan balsamic chicken:
- Brussel Sprouts
- Bell Peppers
More easy keto chicken recipes:
Balsamic Marinade for Chicken
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1.25 pounds chicken tenderloin strips, (You can also use thinly sliced chicken breasts)
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced (I used baby bella)
- 3 cups broccoli florets, (about 1 crown of broccoli)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (to coat the veggies)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all of the marinade ingredients. Add the chicken to the marinade, ensuring that it is fully coated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and a marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (no more than 5 hours).
- While the chicken is marinating, evenly arrange the veggies on a large sheet pan. Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil, and season them with the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Toss the vegetables around to ensure that they are evenly coated.
- Arrange the veggies to each side of the pan to make room for the chicken in the middle. Once the chicken is done marinating, arrange each piece side by side in the middle of the pan. Spoon about a teaspoon of the marinade over each piece of chicken prior to cooking. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Bake the chicken and veggies for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink on the inside.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 533Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 500mgCarbohydrates: 17gNet Carbohydrates: 11gFiber: 6gSugar: 7gProtein: 48g
Kay is passionate about living a healthy low carb lifestyle. She loves low carb comfort foods that are also family-friendly!