Low carb Chicken Fajita Soup is Mexican comfort food at it’s best. Diced vegetables, cream cheese, and taco seasonings give this soup rich and robust flavor. This recipe is perfect for cool and sunny days alike!
If you haven’t noticed yet, I’ve been on a roll with the Mexican recipes lately. That’s because it’s the one type of food that my entire family can agree on! I’m all about trying to please everyone when I can.
This low carb Chicken Fajita Soup happens to be a family favorite! It’s hearty and filled with shredded chicken in every bite.
Have you tried my Chicken Fajita Casserole recipe? It’s the most popular recipe on my site, so I decided to create this soup as a spin-off. This soup is very similar to the casserole and so easy to make!
How to Make Low Carb Chicken Fajita Soup
- Cook the chicken on the stove top in 4 cups of the chicken broth, and then remove from the pot and shred it with 2 forks. You can reserve any leftover broth for the soup if you’d like.
- Heat an empty stockpot on the stove to medium-high. Toss in the butter, and saute the diced bell peppers, garlic and onions until fragrant.
- Add in the shredded chicken, cream cheese, diced tomatoes and green chilies, and taco seasoning. Stir everything until combined, and the cream cheese is melted.
- Next, add in the chicken broth and stir until everything is combined. Allow the soup to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Once the soup is done, stir in 1/2 cup shredded cheese. (I used cheddar)
- Serve in bowls, and top with your favorite low carb fajita toppings like sour cream or extra cheese.
Check out these other easy low carb Mexican recipes:
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 385Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 148mgSodium: 980mgCarbohydrates: 8gNet Carbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 43g