This oven roasted broccoli is a delicious side dish, appetizer, or snack idea. The broccoli is coated in olive oil, grated parmesan, and a little lemon juice for a fresh yet zesty burst of flavor. To season this dish, I used Everything Bagel Seasoning.
I think I have found my new favorite way to eat broccoli! Before this, I was all about my Broccoli Cheese Casserole recipe, and don't get me wrong - I still am!
But let me tell you, this oven roasted broccoli is so good and equally addicting!
Roasting broccoli really takes the natural flavor to another level, while still keeping it very healthy. Roasted broccoli actually retains more nutrients than boiled broccoli being that it doesn't come in contact with water.
Broccoli is also super low in calories and carbs, and full of fiber. It is great for a low carb or keto diet plan!
One of my favorite things about roasting vegetables is that they can usually be made on a sheet pan. Sheet pan recipes are super simple, and make for easy clean up afterward!
A few tips about roasting vegetables:
- Can roasted vegetables be reheated? Yes. The best way to reheat roasted vegetables is in the oven to keep the crispy texture.
- Can you refrigerate roasted vegetables? Yes, roasted vegetables can be stored in the fridge for 3 - 4 days.
- Is roasted broccoli healthy? Yes, it's high in fiber and iron. Broccoli is also rich in vitamins and minerals!
- How long should you roast broccoli at 400 degrees? Roasted broccoli takes about 15 - 20 minutes to roast in a 400 degree oven. I like to roast mine at 425, and that is the temperature that I used for this recipe.
Oven roasted broccoli ingredients
- Broccoli Florets
- Olive Oil
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Lemon Juice
How to make oven roasted broccoli
Arrange the broccoli on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Toss the broccoli with your hands to ensure that it is evenly coated.
Sprinkle the broccoli with the grated parmesan cheese and Everything Bagel Seasoning. Then, bake in the oven at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
Squeeze the lemon juice over the broccoli, and serve.
Check out these other low carb broccoli recipes:
Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Cheddar
Roasted Broccoli with Parmesan and Lemon
A delicious oven roasted broccoli recipe with lemon, parmesan, and everything bagel seasoning.
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, (I used 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons Everything Bagel Seasoning
- juice of one lemon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Arrange broccoli florets on a sheet pan, and drizzle evenly with the olive oil. Toss the broccoli with your hands to ensure that it is evenly coated. Then, arrange them back evenly on the sheet pan.
- Sprinkle the broccoli with grated parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle the broccoli evenly with the Everything Bagel Seasoning.
- Bake the broccoli in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and squeeze the lemon juice on the broccoli. Enjoy!
You can substitue the Everything Bagel Seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 servings Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 98Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 190mgCarbohydrates: 9gNet Carbohydrates: 6gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
Kay is passionate about living a healthy low carb lifestyle. She loves low carb comfort foods that are also family-friendly!
Leave a Reply