This keto shrimp alfredo recipe is rich and deliciously creamy. The sauce is made using garlic and parmesan for a decadent burst of flavor. This low carb alfredo is sure to be a regular on your keto meal plan!
One of my favorite go-to quick recipes is keto shrimp alfredo. This recipe is so quick because it only uses one pot, and only takes about 30 minutes to make. Of course, that means less clean up which is always a win!
Shrimp is extremely keto-friendly! Shrimp contain practically no carbs, so feel free to indulge in them guilt-free. They are also high in protein, so they’ll help you to feel full longer.
Is Zucchini good for keto?
1 whole zucchini contains about 3 net carbs. Zucchini is one of the more popular keto vegetables because it’s so versatile. You can slice them, shave them, or spiralize them to make zoodles. Your local grocery store likely carries pre-spiralized zucchini which is so convenient! I use it regularly to save time.
Zucchini noodles taste pretty plain by themselves and make the perfect low carb pasta substitute. Just like regular pasta, the idea is to jazz them up with a good sauce or dressing just like we’re going to use in this recipe.
This low carb shrimp alfredo uses about 1 1/2 pounds of zoodles (about 4 whole zucchini).
Tip: Zucchini contains a lot of water. Arrange zoodles on paper towels prior to cooking, and lightly sprinkle with salt in order to remove excess water. Allow the zoodles to sit for about 15 minutes, prior to cooking. This will prevent your alfredo sauce from coming out too watery.
Keto Shrimp Alfredo Ingredients
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds of zucchini noodles (about 4 whole zucchini spiralized)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (for topping)
How to make Keto Shrimp Alfredo
- Arrange 1 1/2 pounds of zucchini noodles on paper towels, and lightly sprinkle with salt. Let them sit while you are preparing the rest of the meal. (about 15 minutes)
- Rinse the peeled and deveined shrimp, and pat dry with paper towels. Season the shrimp with 1/4 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of pepper, then set aside.
- Preheat a large skillet, on medium-high heat.
- Add 1/14 cup of butter to the skillet, and melt.
- Once the butter is almost melted, add the minced garlic. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the pan, and cook until slightly pink. Be sure to move the shrimp around in the pan to ensure that they cook evenly.
- Once the shrimp are halfway cooked, add the heavy cream and bring to a slight simmer. Note: It’s important to add the heavy cream prior to the shrimp being fully cooked, as they will continue to cook once the cream is added. This will prevent the shrimp from being overcooked.
- Once the sauce begins to simmer, add the parmesan cheese and stir. Reduce heat to medium, and continue to stir until the sauce becomes creamy. Season the alfredo sauce with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Add the chopped spinach and zucchini noodles. Continue to stir until zucchini is heated through. (about 3 minutes)
- Remove pan from heat, and serve immediately.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 470Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 287mgSodium: 1746mgCarbohydrates: 12gNet Carbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 31g