Keto chicken salad is an easy low carb lunch or snack recipe. It's super easy to make and is perfect for busy people on the go. It tastes just like classic chicken salad, made with keto-friendly ingredients. Enjoy it straight out of the bowl or use it as a filling in lettuce wraps.
Easy keto chicken salad
This is sure to be your new favorite keto chicken salad recipe! I kept this recipe really simple so that it tastes just like a classic recipe without the carbs.
I like to serve it on lettuce wraps, or with celery sticks. Though it tastes just as amazing right out of the bowl on its own.
This recipe is healthy, keto friendly, and high in protein.
Is mayonnaise keto friendly
Mayonnaise is great for the keto diet because it is high in fat, and has zero carbs. Use it for salad dressings, or as a condiment with your favorite low carb recipes. I used traditional mayonnaise for the base of the dressing in this chicken salad recipe.
- Cooked chicken: I used a rotisserie chicken to keep things simple. Just be sure to remove the skin. You could also use baked chicken breast, chicken thighs, or canned chicken. Any cooked chicken will work.
- Celery: Adds flavor and a nice crunch to the salad
- Mayo: This will be the base of the dressing for the chicken salad
- Mustard: Adds a little acidity and more flavor.
- Seasonings: I used salt, pepper, and onion powder
- Fresh Dill: Adds an extra layer of flavor. You could also use dried dill if you don't have fresh dill on hand.
How to make keto chicken salad
Follow these step by step instructions to make this recipe:
- Add all of the ingredients to a small mixing bowl, and mix everything together until combined.
- Serve on lettuce wraps or enjoy straight out of the bowl.
What to eat with chicken salad on keto
- Serve in lettuce wraps.
- Stuff celery sticks with the chicken salad, or use the salad as a dip for the celery sticks.
- Serve in cucumber boats, or use as a dip for slices of cucumber.
- Serve on keto friendly slices of bread.
How long does chicken salad last in the fridge?
Chicken salad may be stored for up to 4 days in the fridge before you need to throw it away. Store in an air tight container to keep the chicken salad fresh.
More keto chicken recipes
- Best Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Crispy Oven Fried Chicken Wings
- Keto Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Creamy Chicken Fajita Casserole - Low Carb, Keto Friendly, THM
- Keto Chicken Marsala
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH: salt, pepper, onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped (optional)
1. Add all of the ingredients to a mixing bowl, and mix everything together until combined.
2. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour prior to serving for best taste.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 341Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 510mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 17g
All nutritional information and calculations are provided as a courtesy. Nutritional values are estimates only. Variations may occur due to product, and brand selection. You should not rely on this information for medical advice.
Kay is passionate about living a healthy low carb lifestyle. She loves low carb comfort foods that are also family-friendly!