Keto Chicken Parmesan Casserole has all the flavors of the traditional recipe without the breading! This easy meal prep dinner will fill you up and give you an easy, homemade option on even the busiest weeknights.
Keto Chicken Parmesan Casserole
This keto chicken parm casserole has all the flavors you love from the traditional dish minus the breading (and pasta)! But you can add ground-up pork rinds and serve over cauliflower rice if you want to.
However, I find that you really won’t need to. When I’ve made this, I really don’t miss the breading and find it tastes great with or without adding pork rinds.
If you're concerned about the marinara sauce, don’t be. I use Rao’s, which is my absolute favorite, keto friendly marinara. I also used it in my Keto Parm recipe too. It has a great flavor and is very low on carbs, which makes it perfect for keto.
How to make
This casserole is super easy to make. Here’s what you’ll need to do.
1. Cook the chicken
Place the chicken on a baking sheet and then bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Once the chicken is done cooking, carefully cut it into chunks.
2. Mix everything together
Add all of the ingredients with the exception of ¼ cup of mozzarella and ¼ cup of the parmesan to a large mixing bowl. Mix everything together until incorporated.
3. Make the casserole
Spoon the mixture from the bowl into a 9x13 casserole dish and spread it out evenly. Next, top the casserole with the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
Place the dish into the oven and then bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melty and starting to bubble.
5. Rest and serve
Allow the casserole to cool for 5 minutes and then serve immediately with your favorite Italian sides like zucchini noodles or a side salad. If you are not serving this keto, crusty bread or pasta can go very well with it.
Is chicken Parmesan always breaded?
Traditional chicken parm is breaded; however, I didn’t add any bread crumbs or breading to the casserole to keep it keto friendly.
You really won’t miss the breading in the casserole either. If you really like the breading feel, you can add crushed pork rinds on top prior to baking.
I’ve done it both ways and didn’t find that it didn’t make much of a difference to me.
Making it ahead of time
You can definitely make this ahead of time if you like.
If you make it ahead, don’t add the cheese on top until the day you plan to make and serve it. Otherwise, you can follow the same instructions and fully assemble the casserole.
You can store the prepared dish in the fridge for up to 3 days before baking it. This makes it a great weekend meal prep for a busy weeknight dinner.
What to serve with
For keto sides, I recommend pairing with a side salad or zucchini noodles. Both add some extra nutrients and avoid adding many carbs to your meal. You could also serve it over cauliflower rice.
You could also serve with your favorite sides like brussel sprouts, green beans, or mushrooms.
If you don’t want to stay keto, then you could serve with a side of bread or pasta.
More easy recipes
Love Italian-inspired recipes? Check out some of my other favorite recipes that put a keto-friendly spin on traditional recipes.
- Best Keto Chicken Parmesan
- Keto Baked Feta Pasta (Viral Tik Tok Recipe)
- One-Skillet Bruschetta Chicken - Keto Friendly
- Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken - (Keto Friendly)
- Keto-Friendly Italian Ground Beef Casserole
- 3 large chicken breasts, (or 3 cups precooked chicken)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Cheese Topping Ingredients
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season the chicken breast lightly with salt and pepper, and then bake for 20 - 25 minutes (until no longer pink in the center).
- Once the chicken is done cooking, allow it to cool for 5 minutes. Cut the chicken into large chunks. Add the chicken to a mixing bowl.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to the bowl with the chicken, with the exception of the cheese topping ingredients. Mix everything together.
- Spread the mixture into a 9x13 casserole dish, and then spread the cheese topping over the top evenly.
- Bake the casserole loosely covered with foil for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Allow it to cool for 5 minutes after baking, and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 382mgCarbohydrates: 5gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 19g
All nutritional information and calculations are provided as a courtesy. Nutritional values are estimates only. Variations may occur due to product, and brand selection. You should not rely on this information for medical advice.
Kay is passionate about living a healthy low carb lifestyle. She loves low carb comfort foods that are also family-friendly!