Keto avocado smoothies are a lightly sweet breakfast drink perfect for getting your day started off right! This creamy, vegan smoothie will be on instant repeat to help you stick to your macros and stay satisfied.
Keto Avocado Smoothie
Avocado smoothies have a wonderfully creamy and slightly sweet flavor with hints of nuttiness. It is the perfect drink for anyone following a keto diet because it is high in fat and protein, but very low in net carbs.
My recipe uses a low carb sweetener and unsweetened coconut milk. These ingredients help keep the carb count down, so you can enjoy this without breaking your diet.
Is avocado good for keto?
Avocado is a keto staple. With only 4 net carbs in one average size avocado, you can eat a pretty large serving of this creamy delight.
Not only are they low in carbs, but they are also packed with protein and healthy fats, both of which can help you feel fuller longer. This is good because when you include avocado in your meals, smoothies, or snacks, it can help you cut down on cravings.
Why avocados are great for smoothies
There are a lot of great reasons to use avocados in smoothies.
For one thing, they are high in nutrients like potassium, several vitamins, and folate.
Another great reason is they are naturally creamy, which is great for smoothies.
They also have a mildly sweet flavor that lends itself great for an avocado smoothie or as a base for other flavors.
Keto Avocado Smoothie Ingredients
You only need four ingredients to make this simple recipe. Here’s what to have on hand:
- Avocado - Look for a ripe, medium-sized avocado. You can typically tell an avocado is ripe because it will be slightly tender without feeling mushy and the tiny stem will easily come out.
- Unsweetened Coconut Milk - You should be able to find this in the baking aisle at your local grocery store.
- Sweetener - I used Swerve, but you could use any low or no carb sweetener you like.
- Lime Juice - (optional) The juice gives the smoothie a nice kick and pairs great with avocado.
How to make
When it comes to easy, you really can’t get much better than this. Here’s what you need to do:
Step 1. Add all of the ingredients to a blender, and blend everything together on high for about 20 seconds.
Step 2. Next, pour the smoothie into a cup or glass, and enjoy! Remember to serve it cold for the best taste.
Other Keto Friendly Smoothies
For some more low-carb, keto friendly smoothie ideas, check out some of these flavors:
- Keto Strawberry Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Keto Low Carb Smoothie
- Healthy Keto Green Smoothie
- Keto Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon erythritol, (I used Swerve)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender, and blend on high for about 20 seconds.
- Pour into a glass or cup, and serve cold. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 7mgCarbohydrates: 9gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 7gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
All nutritional information and calculations are provided as a courtesy. Nutritional values are estimates only. Variations may occur due to product, and brand selection. You should not rely on this information for medical advice.
Kay is passionate about living a healthy low carb lifestyle. She loves low carb comfort foods that are also family-friendly!