One pan bruschetta chicken? Yes, please! This keto-friendly take on bruschetta uses seasoned chicken breast to serve the bruschetta instead of carb-heavy slices of toast.
Bruschetta is one of my favorite Italian dishes.
The biggest problem: you really can’t eat it on a keto diet because it uses small pieces of toast to serve the yummy tomato mix.
The solution? Serve the bruschetta over top of a seasoned chicken breast! This keeps it keto-friendly and gives you a mouthwatering way to enjoy chicken.
Serve this single pan chicken with bruschetta on top as a sure-fire way to please your entire family!
Bruschetta chicken combines the traditional flavors of bruschetta with a seasoned chicken breast. The chicken acts as a vessel for the bruschetta much like the toast in traditional recipes.
The result is a keto-friendly chicken dish that is irresistible for bruschetta lovers and chicken lovers alike. And one of the best parts is that it comes together very quickly in only one pan.
You can serve this chicken dish any night of the week and have a meal that is sure to please.
Bruschetta Chicken Ingredients
For the bruschetta, you’ll need:
- Tomatoes - You can use Roma, vine-ripened, cherry, or your favorite tomato type.
- Chopped basil - Fresh basil adds an incredible flavor to the bruschetta.
- Chopped red onion - If you really don’t like onions, you can skip this. Or you can try sweet onions instead.
- Garlic - You’ll need to mince or crush it.
- Balsamic vinegar - Use your favorite brand for this.
- Olive oil - You can use extra virgin olive oil or regular olive oil for a fuller flavor.
- Salt and pepper - You can add as much or little as you like.
For the chicken, you’ll need the following:
- Thinly sliced chicken breast - You should be able to find thinly sliced breasts or you can butterfly a regular breast with a sharp knife.
- Seasonings - You’ll need Italian seasoning, garlic powder, pepper, and salt.
- Balsamic vinegar - The balsamic vinegar adds a slight sweetness to the chicken.
- Shredded Parmesan or mozzarella cheese - Of course, if you love cheese, add both and maybe throw in some Asiago for good measure.
How to Make
Step 1. Make the bruschetta
Bruschetta is very easy to make. All you need to do is combine all the bruschetta ingredients in a small bowl and mix them together. That’s it! Set it aside and let the flavors come together as you cook the chicken.
Step 2. Season the chicken
Before adding the seasonings to the chicken, mix them all together in a small bowl. Either using a spoon or your fingers, season the chicken on both sides.
Step 3. Cook the chicken
To cook the chicken, add a tablespoon of olive oil to a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken in the skillet for about 6 minutes on each side. You’ll know it’s done when it is not pink on the inside and it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Step 4. Top each piece of chicken with the bruschetta and serve immediately.
What to serve with Bruschetta Chicken
Bruschetta chicken makes a great main dish. I like to serve it with some keto friendly side dishes like my Oven Roasted Broccoli with Lemon and Parmesan.
You can also serve it with your favorite roasted veggies. It can pair well with nearly any vegetable side you like, such as mushrooms, roasted red peppers, or green beans.
A good keto-friendly salad is also a nice compliment to the bruschetta.
Recipe Tips and Variations
Here are some great tips and variations you can try for the bruschetta chicken:
- Feel free to swap out the Roma tomatoes with cherry tomatoes, vine-ripened tomatoes, or any other tomatoes that you like. I like Roma tomatoes the best, so I use them.
- Substitute sweet onions for the red onion for a slightly sweeter flavor. Or you could just leave out the onion altogether if you prefer.
- Grill, air fry, or bake the chicken instead of using the stove for a slightly different flavor from each. The grill gives the chicken a smoky flavor. The air fryer can give it a bit of a crispy outside and the oven will make it nice and juicy. You can always try a different cooking method the next time you make them.
More easy keto chicken recipes:
- Easy Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Best Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
- Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken - (Keto Friendly)
- The Best Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- One-Skillet Garlic Parmesan Chicken
For the bruschetta
- 1 1/4 cup chopped Roma tomatoes, (about 4 tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan or mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
For the chicken
- 4 chicken breasts, (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Make the bruschetta. Add all of the bruschetta ingredients to a small bowl. Mix everything together, and set aside.
- Season the chicken on both sides with all of the seasonings.
- Add a tablespoon of olive to a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for about 6-7 minutes on each side. Be sure that there is no pink on the inside of the chicken.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, and top each piece of chicken with bruschetta. Enjoy!
- Chicken should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 262Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 109mgSodium: 528mgCarbohydrates: 5gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 42g
All nutritional information and calculations are provided as a courtesy. Nutritional values are estimates only. Variations may occur due to product, and brand selection. You should not rely on this information for medical advice.