Spinach stuffed chicken breast is a delicious low carb and keto-friendly recipe! The cheesy filling is made with parmesan, cream cheese, and mozzarella. This recipe is super easy, yet will make you feel like you're eating gourmet!
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
Regular chicken breast can be quite boring on its own. That's one of the reasons why I love a good baked stuffed chicken breast recipe. It's the perfect way to take your meal to the next level!
The best thing about spinach stuffed chicken breast is that it's quick and easy to make!
How to Butterfly Chicken Breast
You will want to make an even slice on one side of the chicken. Start by laying the chicken flat on a cutting board. Use one hand to hold the chicken and a knife in the other. Carefully begin slicing the chicken in half at the thickest end of the chicken breast on one side.
Continue evenly slicing down the side of the chicken. Be sure that you slice the chicken deep enough to fit the filling, without cutting it all the way to the other side.
What to add to chicken breasts for flavor
You definitely want to season the chicken prior to cooking to avoid bland chicken. I used salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika for this recipe. These seasonings always work well together for just about any type of chicken recipe.
Start by seasoning the chicken lightly on each side, and add more as you see fit. When using salt, a little goes a long way so don't overdo it.
What you'll need:
- Chicken Breast - You'll want to use thick-cut chicken breasts so that there is room to butterfly them
- Seasonings - I used a blend of salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika
- Cheese - I used a combination of cream cheese and mozzarella
- Spinach - You can use fresh or frozen spinach
How to Make Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast:
Step 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Start by butterflying the chicken. Next, rub both sides of the chicken with olive oil, and then season the chicken on both sides.
Step 2. Next, add the remaining ingredients to a medium-sized bowl and mix together until combined. Set aside.
Step 3. Arrange the chicken breast in a baking dish (I used a 9x13), and stuff each piece of chicken with the cheese mixture. You'll want to make sure that you get the filling deep into the pocket of the chicken to avoid the mixture from spilling out while baking.
Step 4. Bake the chicken uncovered for 25 - 30 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked through. The chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
What to serve with
Spinach stuffed chicken breasts would pair well with asparagus, roasted broccoli, or any other vegetable.
More easy chicken recipes:
- Best Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
- The Best Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- Crispy Oven Fried Chicken Wings
- Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken - (Keto Friendly)
- Best Keto Chicken Parmesan
- 4 thick-cut chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the spinach and cheese filling
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped (you can also use frozen spinach)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Butterfly the chicken. See notes below on how to butterfly chicken breast.
- Rub the chicken with olive oil, and season each side of the chicken with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Add the cream cheese, mozzarella, spinach, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, salt, and pepper to a medium-sized bowl and mix together until combined.
- Arrange the chicken breast in a baking dish (I used a 9x13). Using a spoon, stuff each piece of chicken with the cheese mixture. You'll want to make sure that you get the filling deep into the pocket of the chicken to avoid the mixture from spilling out while baking.
- Bake the chicken uncovered for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 417Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 153mgSodium: 508mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 46g
All nutritional information and calculations are provided as a courtesy. Nutritional values are estimates only. Variations may occur due to product, and brand selection. You should not rely on this information for medical advice.
Kay is passionate about living a healthy low carb lifestyle. She loves low carb comfort foods that are also family-friendly!