The best Keto Chicken Enchilada Casserole makes a perfect low carb weeknight casserole. All you need is 20 minutes and 5 ingredients and dinner is done!
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my full affiliate disclosure here.
Keto Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Keto chicken enchilada casserole combines the flavors of the classic dish without the tortilla shells. And really, with all the flavors from the sauce, chilies, and spices, you really won’t even miss the shells.
This Mexican keto casserole uses only 5 ingredients to create a cheesy chicken enchilada dish. You can also prep and cook it in less than 20 minutes from start to finish, which means you can make this on a busy weeknight or when you want a quick meal.
For added flavor, you can top it with your favorite keto-friendly toppings. If you love crunch, you can use shredded lettuce. Salsa is also a great compliment to the casserole that you are sure to enjoy.
Keto Chicken Enchilada Casserole Ingredients:
You only need five, easy to find ingredients to make this spicy casserole. Here’s what you’ll need to have on hand.
- Cooked chicken - This is a great what-to-do-with-leftover-chicken recipe. You’ll need about 3 breasts, either cubed or shredded. If you don’t have leftovers, you can use rotisserie, bake your own, or your preferred cooking method.
- Green chilies - I used the ones in the can. You can find them on the taco aisle at the grocery store.
- Keto-friendly red enchilada sauce - I used canned enchilada sauce instead of making my own, for now. (I’ll be adding one in the near future so keep an eye out for it!) My favorite keto-friendly brand is Rosarita, but you can use a different brand with the same great results.
- Shredded cheese - I find shredding my own cheese helps it melt better. I used Colby Jack for this recipe, but cheddar can also work well.
- Taco seasoning - You can use your favorite brand or combination of taco seasonings.
Step 1. Prep the casserole. Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees. As it heats, mix all the ingredients, except for 1 cup of cheese, in a large mixing bowl.
Step 2. Fill the pan. Spread the mixture into an 8x8 baking dish and top with the remaining cup of cheese.
Step 3. Bake and serve. Bake the casserole uncovered for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is bubbly. Top with your favorite keto-friendly toppings and serve hot from the oven.
Some people feel keto can be limiting, but there is really no shortage of different toppings you can add to this casserole. Some of my favorites are:
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomatoes
- green onions
- sour cream
You could also add more cheese, jalapenos, or more keto-friendly enchilada sauce.
More Keto Casseroles
Do you love keto casseroles because they are super easy, comforting, and delicious? If you love casseroles but feel like you have trouble finding keto-friendly versions, check out my favorite, 100% keto-friendly casseroles! You are sure to find one that you love:
- Creamy Chicken Fajita Casserole – Low Carb, Keto Friendly, THM
- Cheesy Keto Taco Casserole
- Keto Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
- Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- 2 pounds cooked chicken, (shredded or cubed)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green diced chiles
- 1 cup keto-friendly red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheese, divided (I used Colby-Jack)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add all of the ingredients to a mixing bowl except 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Mix everything together until combined.
- Spread the mixture into an 8x8 casserole dish. Then, top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Top with your favorite keto-friendly toppings and enjoy!
- If using chicken breast, 3 chicken breasts usually come out to around 2 pounds.
- If using a rotisserie chicken, you will need about 1 1/2 rotisserie chickens.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 745Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 269mgSodium: 839mgCarbohydrates: 7gNet Carbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 68g
All nutritional information and calculations are provided as a courtesy. Nutritional values are estimates only. Variations may occur due to product, and brand selection. You should not rely on this information for medical advice.
Kay is passionate about living a healthy low carb lifestyle. She loves low carb comfort foods that are also family-friendly!