Creamy Tuscan garlic chicken is a delicious one-pan recipe that is ready in just 30 minutes and still keto friendly. You’ll love indulging in this flavor packed chicken recipe!
Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken
I love getting big flavors out of quick recipes.
That’s the beauty of this creamy Tuscan garlic chicken. It tastes like you spent hours in the kitchen, but really you only need 30 minutes to make this.
Plus, like other Tuscan style meals, it is a simple meal without a long ingredients list.
Part of the appeal of Tuscan cooking is that they don’t use a ton of seasonings but they are still full of flavor. Tuscan cooks do this by using quality ingredients and bringing out the flavors of their ingredients through basic cooking techniques.
And let me tell you, they sure know what they are talking about! This Tuscan chicken is proof positive that if you combine a few carefully chosen ingredients in the right way, you’ll be enjoying something truly delicious.
With just a few easy substitutions, you can enjoy a keto friendly take on the classic chicken breast sauteed with cream, tomatoes and spinach.
Creamy Tuscan Chicken Ingredients
To make this, you only need a handful of easy to find ingredients.
- Chicken Breasts – Boneless chicken breasts work best for this recipe because they cook very fast.
- Butter- When you saute chicken breasts, you need to do it in some sort of fat. We’re using butter here to add flavor and extra richness to the dish.
- Heavy Cream – It’s a low carb dairy product that will add tons of creamy richness to the sauce. Don’t substitute it for lower fat cream. Lower fat cream and milk are much higher in carbs.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese - Choose a higher quality grated Parmesan cheese here like those available in the specialty cheese case in the grocery store instead of the cans in the pasta aisle for best flavor.
- Garlic - A little garlic goes a long way and creates tons of flavor.
- Tomatoes - To keep this recipe low carb, I used chopped tomatoes rather than sun dried. Sun dried tomatoes are much higher in carbs since they contain less water.
- Spinach – High in fiber, a great way to sneak in vegetables for picky eaters
- Seasonings – I use salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and garlic powder. At the end, I finish the dish with strips of fresh basil placed on top before serving.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1. Season the chicken. When the chicken is well coated in the seasonings, cook it in a medium-large skillet for about 7 minutes on each side. Set it aside.
Step 2. Saute the garlic and tomatoes. Use the same pan to sauté the garlic and tomatoes with the butter. Once they are starting to wilt a little and the garlic is fragrant, stir in the heavy cream.
Step 3. Stir in the seasonings and parmesan. Add the parmesan and seasonings to the cream sauce. Stir everything together until well-combined. Taste the sauce to make sure it is seasoned to your liking. If you need to, add a little more seasoning.
Step 4. Add chicken and spinach to the skillet. Add the chicken and spinach to the skillet. Allow them to simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add fresh basil on top. Serve and enjoy!
What to serve with creamy Tuscan chicken
Tuscan chicken is an Italian classic. Most people serve it over a heaping portion of pasta, which of course is not keto friendly. Instead, you could serve it over zucchini noodles, either freshly spiralized or from your local grocery store.
Instead of pasta, you could serve the chicken with this Oven Roasted Broccoli with Lemon and Parmesan. This great tasting broccoli is a great way to fill out a meal with plenty of nutrients. It’s also a great way to get your kids to eat something green.
How to store leftovers
Tuscan chicken is easy to store in the fridge or freezer.
Before refrigerating, allow the chicken and sauce to cool and then place it in an airtight container. Place the container in the fridge and store for up to about 5 days.
If you want to freeze it, place the cooled chicken and sauce in a freezer-safe container. Store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
When you are ready to eat the chicken, you can microwave it for a few minutes until it is warmed through. If you froze it, you can let it thaw in the fridge overnight or microwave for a few extra minutes.
More easy keto chicken recipes:
- Easy Creamy Lemon Chicken Thighs
- The Best Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken with Veggies
- 4 thinly sliced boneless chicken breast
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- Optional: Basil for garnish
- Start by seasoning the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add a little olive oil to a skillet, and then cook the chicken for about 7 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add in the butter. Sauté the garlic and chopped tomatoes in the butter until fragrant.
- Stir in the heavy cream, scraping any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Next, add the grated parmesan and seasonings. Stir everything together until combined.
- Add the chicken back to the pan, along with the spinach. Allow it to simmer for about 5 minutes so that the chicken is heated through.
- Optional: Garnish with fresh basil. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 servings Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 528Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 188mgSodium: 534mgCarbohydrates: 7gNet Carbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 44g
All nutritional information and calculations are provided as a courtesy. Nutritional values are estimates only. Variations may occur due to product, and brand selection. You should not rely on this information for medical advice.
Kay is passionate about living a healthy low carb lifestyle. She loves low carb comfort foods that are also family-friendly!