These Air Fryer Buffalo Wings are extra crispy and made with a classic buffalo sauce. They are perfect for lunch, dinner, or make a great appetizer! Serve them up with your favorite dipping sauce, and enjoy the taste of restaurant-quality buffalo wings right at home!
Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
If you love buffalo wings, then this recipe is for you! The best part is that you can make them in your air fryer, and they are also low carb and Keto friendly!
The secret to making crispy keto wings is baking powder. Check out my Crispy Oven Fried Chicken Wings recipe for how you can make these right in your oven!
The buffalo sauce is made with only 2 ingredients. I like to serve these up with ranch, blue cheese, and celery sticks for a complete meal.
Air fryer wings are so easy to make and also make for easy cleanup afterward. You'll never want to fry wings the traditional way again!
What you'll need
- Air Fryer - I used my Ninja Foodi for this recipe. However, any air fryer will work.
- Chicken Wings - I used chicken wing drums and flats, also known as wingettes and drummettes.
- Buffalo Sauce Ingredients - the sauce is made with Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce, butter, and garlic powder.
- Baking Powder - this will be used to "bread" the chicken wings and ensures that they come out nice and crispy.
- Seasonings - salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder will be used to season the chicken.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1. Start by patting the wings dry with paper towels to remove any excess moisture. This will ensure that the wings are nice and crispy.
Step 2. In a small bowl, mix together the baking powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Then sprinkle the baking powder and seasoning mixture over the chicken. Be sure to toss the chicken in the seasonings so that everything is evenly coated.
Step 3. Add the chicken to the air fryer, and air fry for 35 minutes flipping the chicken over halfway through cooking.
Step 4. To make the sauce, add the buffalo sauce and butter to a small pot over medium heat. Cook the sauce until the butter is completely melted, and the sauce begins to simmer. Reduce the heat to low, to keep the sauce warm while the wings finish cooking.
Step 5. Once the wings are finished cooking, add them to a medium bowl. Pour the buffalo sauce over the wings, and toss them to ensure that they are evenly coated with the sauce.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauces and celery sticks!
Air Fryer Wings Cook Time
Chicken wings take about 35 minutes to cook in the air fryer at 400 degrees. In order for the wings to cook evenly, you'll want to be sure to flip the wings over halfway through cooking.
Keep in mind that cook times and temperatures may vary based on the type of air fryer that you are using. For example, when using my Ninja Foodi air fryer I cook the wings on 390 degrees, while I set the temperature to 400 on my other air fryer.
Frozen Wings in the Air Fryer
Yes, you can make frozen wings in your air fryer. To make frozen wings in the air fryer, simply arrange the wings in the air fryer basket. Then air fry for 35 minutes at 400 degrees, flipping them over halfway through. Drain any excess liquid from the air fryer basket at the halfway cooking point.
I recommend thawing the wings prior to air frying. This way you can pat the wings dry prior to cooking, which results in crispier wings. Also, the wings will need to be thawed in order to be seasoned properly. Frozen wings will not hold seasoning or breading as well.
Can you stack wings in an air fryer?
Yes, it is perfectly fine to stack wings in the air fryer. Just be sure to flip them halfway through cooking to ensure that they are cooked evenly. Also, try not to overcrowd the pan.
Here are some other chicken recipes that you will enjoy:
Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
These Air Fryer Buffalo Wings are extra crispy and made with a classic buffalo sauce. They are perfect for lunch, dinner, or make a great appetizer!
- 2 pounds chicken wings, thawed
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Buffalo Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 cup butter, (1 stick)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2/3 cup Frank's RedHot Buffalo Sauce
- Start by patting the wings dry with paper towels to remove any excess moisture.
- In a small bowl, mix together the baking powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Then sprinkle the baking powder mixture over the chicken. Be sure to toss the chicken in the seasonings so that everything is evenly coated.
- Add the chicken to the air fryer, and air fry for 35 minutes at 400 degrees flipping the chicken over halfway through cooking. (Note: Adjust the temperature to 390 degrees if using the Ninja Foodi.)
- While the chicken is cooking, make the sauce. To make the sauce, add the Frank's RedHot Buffalo Sauce, butter. and garlic powder to a small pot over medium heat. Cook the sauce until the butter is completely melted, and the sauce begins to simmer. Reduce the heat to low, so that the sauce stays warm while the wings finish cooking.
- Once the wings are finished cooking, add them to a medium bowl. Pour the buffalo sauce over the wings and toss them to ensure that they are evenly coated in the sauce.
- Serve immediately with celery, and your favorite dipping sauce.
Pat the wings dry with napkins to remove excess moisture prior to cooking. This will ensure that the wings are crispy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 213Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 1854mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
Kay is passionate about living a healthy low carb lifestyle. She loves low carb comfort foods that are also family-friendly!
Ohhh my. This recipe was a huge hit at my house — so much in fact we may never eat chicken wings anywhere but at home. Thank you so much.