These keto egg noodles are so easy to make and come together in about 5 minutes. They are made with 3 simple ingredients and are the perfect low carb pasta substitute. Enjoy these noodles with low carb pasta sauce, cheese, or just eat them plain. This recipe is also perfect for the Keto Egg Fast diet.
How to make keto egg noodles
These noodles are versatile and are perfect for lunch or dinner. They also make a great snack! You only need a few simple ingredients to make this recipe, and most of these items are likely already in your pantry!
Keto egg noodles can be used as a pasta substitute, so feel free to make them interesting. I like to sprinkle them with salt, pepper, and parmesan or toss them in a little alfredo sauce.
For this recipe, I used almond flour to help with the texture of the noodles. However, if you are doing the keto egg fast, then you can leave this out.
What you'll need
- Eggs - This is why they are called egg noodles! Eggs are the main ingredient.
- Cream Cheese - high in fat, and low in carbs. Cream cheese is a low carb staple that I use quite often!
- Almond Flour - this improves the texture of the egg noodles so that they are not as eggy. Leave this out if doing the keto egg fast.
- Salt - This ensures that the noodles aren't completely bland.
Step by step Instructions
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and add all of the ingredients to a small blender, and blend everything together until smooth (about 10 seconds).
Step 2. Slowly pour the mixture onto a medium baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Use a spatula to spread the mixture on the baking sheet evenly.
Step 3. Bake the egg mixture in the oven for 5 - 7 minutes.
Step 4. Remove the egg mixture from the oven, and use a knife to slice it into small ribbons. Serve immediately with marinara sauce, parmesan, or enjoy them plain!
Can you eat egg noodles on keto
Traditional egg noodles contain 49 grams of carbs, so they are not keto-friendly. On the other hand, keto egg noodles only contain 3 net carbs per serving. This makes them a great keto pasta option!
What do keto egg noodles taste like?
Keto egg noodles taste light and have a sponge-like texture. They don't have a prominent taste on their own. To enhance the taste of the noodles, I recommend seasoning them with salt and pepper prior to eating.
Tips & Variations
- As the egg noodles begin to cool, they start to get more firm. This will cause them to break, but they still taste just as delicious.
- The almond flour helps balance out the texture so that they hold up better than regular eggs.
- Serve keto egg noodles with marinara sauce, keto alfredo sauce, sprinkle them with cheese, or toss them with pesto for an easy low carb meal idea.
- This recipe can be modified for the Keto Egg Fast. Simply omit the almond flour.
Other Keto Recipes that You May enjoy:
- Keto Big Mac Salad with Big Mac Dressing
- Best Keto Shrimp Scampi
- Keto Meatloaf | Classic Southern Style
- The Best Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- 4 eggs
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tablespoons almond flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and line a medium-sized baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all of the ingredients to a small blender, and blend everything together for about 10 seconds.
- Slowly pour the egg mixture on the lined baking sheet. Then, use a spatula to spread the egg mixture evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 5 - 7 minutes, until the egg mixture is firm. The edges of the egg mixture may be slightly browned.
- Once the egg mixture is done baking, use a knife to slice it into small ribbons.
- Serve immediately with marinara, alfredo sauce, cheese, or enjoy them plain!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 283Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 401mgSodium: 297mgCarbohydrates: 4gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 16g
Kay is passionate about living a healthy low carb lifestyle. She loves low carb comfort foods that are also family-friendly!