Making brats in your air fryer is so easy! They are full of flavor and ready in only 15 minutes. It really gets no better than that!
Air Fryer Brats
Yes, you can cook bratwurst in your air fryer! My favorite brand of brats is Johnsonville, so that’s what I used for this recipe. They typically come with 5 sausages in a pack.
The great thing about making sausages in your air fryer is that they cook super fast, without sacrificing flavor! Gone are the days where you need to break out the grill for that delicious smoky taste. Trust me, these air fryer bratwursts are just as good – if not better!
The only ingredient you’ll need for this recipe is a pack of brats. They already come seasoned, so there’s no need to add any additional seasonings to the sausage. As an added plus, they are also low carb and keto-friendly. They have 0 net carbs per serving!
I like to serve them with cooked sliced peppers and onions. Brats would also pair well with this Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Cheddar, or sauerkraut.
Air Fryer Bratwurts Temperature and Cook Time
These air fryer brats are done in 15 minutes when cooked at a 350-degree air fryer temperature setting. They are considered done when they reach an internal temperature of at least 160 degrees.
I recommend flipping them over halfway through the cooking time to ensure both sides of the sausage are browned evenly.
Can you put aluminum foil in the air fryer?
Yes, you can! However, it depends on how you are using the foil in the air fryer. It is perfectly safe to wrap food in foil, and air fry it. On the other, using foil while cooking more acidic food could cause your food to have an acidic taste.
How to cook brats in an air fryer
- Arrange the brats in the air fryer. Tip: Line your air fryer with parchment paper to help absorb excess grease.
- Air fry at 350 degrees for 12 – 15 minutes, flipping the sausages over halfway through the cooking time.
- Remove brats from the oven, and allow them to rest for 5 minutes. Then, enjoy!
Serve brats with sauteed onions and peppers for a delicious meal idea! These work well for breakfast, lunch, and dinner alike.
There you have it! A quick and easy way to enjoy one of your favorite classics!
- 1 pack of uncooked brats, (I used Johnsonville)
- Arrange the uncooked brats in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry the brats at 350 degrees, for 12-15 minutes flipping them halfway through. They are done once they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
- Remove the brats from the air fryer basket with tongs, and allow them to rest for 5 minutes. Then enjoy!
Line your air fryer with parchment paper to absorb excess grease.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 57Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 144mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g
Kay is passionate about living a healthy low carb lifestyle. She loves low carb comfort foods that are also family-friendly!