Air fryer turkey breast is tender, juicy, and perfect for your Thanksgiving dinner. Save time during the holidays with this easy, flavorful recipe!
Yes, you can cook a turkey breast in your air fryer! This air fryer recipe is perfect for the holidays! You won’t have to spend hours in the kitchen prepping the turkey, and you won’t waste valuable oven space.
You can have the turkey done in less than an hour, which means you can sleep in, watch the game, relax, or get the other fixings ready without having to get up at dawn.
How long to cook
A 3 pound, boneless turkey breast takes 40 minutes to cook in the air fryer at 350 degrees. If you’re using bone-in, you’ll want to add 10 more minutes. These cooking times produce a juicy turkey breast that is tender on the inside with a crispy skin on the outside.
The internal temperature should reach 165 degrees for safety. I highly recommend getting an instant-read thermometer to check the temp. This helps take the guesswork out of whether or not it really is done when you think it is.
Bone-in or boneless
For this recipe, I used a boneless turkey breast. Boneless turkey breasts are usually sold covered in netting, which is used to hold the breasts together while cooking. While you can certainly air fry the turkey breast with the net, I prefer to remove it prior to cooking.
To remove the netting, use scissors to gently cut the net off of the turkey. Then, gently stretch the skin over the turkey without ripping it. It's ok if the skin doesn't cover the entire turkey breast.
If using a bone-in turkey breast, you will want to use a turkey breast that is no bigger than 4 pounds. Anything bigger than 4 pounds will likely not fit in your air fryer.
Here’s what you’ll need to make air fryer turkey breast for the holidays or anytime you want an easy turkey dinner:
- Turkey Breast - Boneless or bone-in may be used. Time varies just slightly (bone in cooks a few more minutes). I used a 3 lb boneless turkey breast, so be sure to adjust the time based on weight. Also, make sure the breast is fully thawed before cooking or it won’t cook through!
- Olive oil - The olive oil gives the skin its golden and crispy texture.
- Seasonings - I use salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and poultry seasoning. You can adjust these to suit your needs or desires or use entirely different seasonings to give the turkey a unique flavor.
How to cook turkey breast in an air fryer
Step by step instructions:
- Pat the turkey breast dry with napkins.
- Rub the olive oil all over the turkey.
- Season the turkey evenly with all of the seasonings. Be sure to gently rub the seasonings onto the turkey.
- Air fry skin side down for 20 minutes. Flip the turkey breast over, and then air fry for another 20 minutes skin side up. If using a bone-in turkey breast, add 10 minutes to the second cooking time.
- Allow the turkey breast to rest for 10 minutes, and then slice and serve.
How to slice turkey breast
Allow the turkey breast to rest for at least 10 minutes prior to slicing. This allows the juices to settle and not all leak out when cut. Slice the breast with the grain going across it horizontally.
Thickness is a preference thing. You can slice it as thin as you like or that your knife will allow. Serve on a large platter with gravy or other garnishes, like fresh thyme or rosemary.
What to serve with
Turkey breast is the main course of any meal it is in, but you will definitely want to complement it with your favorite Thanksgiving sides. Some suggestions include green beans, collard greens, cauliflower mac and cheese, or mashed cauliflower.
- Avoid dry turkey by not overcooking. To do this, get an instant-read thermometer and cook until it reaches an internal temp of 165 F or one to two degrees lower. It will continue to cook for a minute or two once it is done in the air fryer.
- You can add other seasonings to give your breast a unique flavor. For a spicier turkey breast, you could try cajun seasonings.
- Use a turkey breast that is less than 4 pounds for best results. Anything bigger, may not fit in your air fryer.
More easy air fryer recipes
When you are hungry for more air fryer recipes or want some side ideas for the turkey, check out these other great recipes:
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenderloins (No Breading)
- Best Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Best Air Fryer Brats
- Air Fryer Garlicky Green Beans
- Best Frozen Chicken Wings in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Broccoli Parmesean
- 1 boneless turkey breast, (see notes for bone-in)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Pat the turkey breast dry with napkins to remove any excess moisture.
- Rub the olive oil all over the turkey. Season the turkey breast evenly with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and poultry seasoning. Gently rub the seasonings onto the turkey.
- Place the turkey breast in the air fryer skin side down, and air fry for 20 minutes. Flip the turkey breast over, and air fry for another 20 minutes. (If using a bone-in breast, then air fry for 30 - 35 minutes after flipping.)
- Allow the turkey breast to rest for 10 minutes, and then slice horizontally.
- Optionally, garnish with fresh thyme and rosemary on a serving platter.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 42Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 191mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 4g
All nutritional information and calculations are provided as a courtesy. Nutritional values are estimates only. Variations may occur due to product, and brand selection. You should not rely on this information for medical advice.
Kay is passionate about living a healthy low carb lifestyle. She loves low carb comfort foods that are also family-friendly!