This Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe is the perfect appetizer for a crowd. Made with a few easy ingredients, this dip is creamy and full of flavor! Buffalo chicken dip is perfect for game day or anytime you’re entertaining family and friends.
Buffalo chicken dip is one of my favorite appetizers to serve during football games, the holidays, and potlucks! It is the perfect shareable appetizer or side dish that easily steals the show.
This buffalo chicken dip is made in the crockpot, and is so creamy and delicious! It only takes a few simple ingredients to make.
The great thing about making this dip in a crockpot is that you can serve it right in the crockpot after it's done cooking. Just set your slow cooker to the "warm" setting once it's done.
Here's what you'll need to make this recipe:
- Cooked Shredded Chicken - You can use a plain rotisserie chicken and shred it to save time. You could also bake, pressure cook, or boil chicken breasts for this recipe.
- Cream Cheese - Cream cheese forms the base of this recipe and gives it a creamy texture.
- Cheddar Cheese - I love using cheddar, but you could use Monterey jack.
- Ranch Dressing - Ranch provides added flavor and creaminess to the dip.
- Buffalo Sauce - I used Franks Red Hot Sauce.
- Seasonings - Garlic powder and pepper to give it a little more of a kick. You can skip these if you prefer.
- Optional Toppings - For the top, I use blue cheese crumbles and green onions. You can other toppings if you like.
How to make buffalo chicken dip in a crockpot
Step by step instructions:
- Add all of the ingredients to your crockpot and stir everything together.
- Cover with a lid, and cook on high heat for 90 minutes, stirring occasionally. You can also cook on low heat for 3 hours if you prefer.
- The dip is done when all of the cheese is completely melted. Serve with celery sticks, carrots, crackers, bread, or chips.
What to eat with buffalo chicken dip
You can serve buffalo chicken dip with anything you might normally use to scoop up the dip. Some ideas:
- celery sticks
- tortilla chips
- sliced peppers
- carrot sticks
I like to include a variety of dipping options so that everyone has options.
Storage and reheating instructions
Buffalo chicken dip will last in the fridge for up to 3 days. To store, place it in an airtight container.
You can then reheat individual servings in the microwave.
Recipe Tips and FAQs
- What makes Buffalo Chicken Dip greasy? The dip can get greasy if the cheese is not completely melted, and the cream cheese is not completely mixed into the dip. Be sure to cook the dip until the cheese is completely melted, this will reduce the amount of greasiness. Also, if it sits for a while, it can separate some. Give it a bit of stir with a spoon and the ingredients should come back together easily.
- How do you make buffalo chicken dip less salty? To avoid a salty dip, do not add any salt to the recipe. The ingredients contain enough salt on their own.
- To save time, you can use plain rotisserie chicken or canned chicken. These are great time savers, especially if you don’t have any leftovers or only frozen breasts on hand.
More easy appetizers
If you are hungry for even more low carb and keto recipes, you should check out these other great options:
- Air Fryer Buffalo Wings - Low Carb, Keto Friendly
- Crispy Oven Fried Chicken Wings
- Easy Keto Meatballs
- Keto BLT Dip
- 3 large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (or 4 cups cooked shredded chicken)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup buffalo sauce, (I used Franks Red Hot)
- 1 cup Ranch dressing
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Add the cooked chicken, cream cheese, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, cheddar cheese, garlic powder, and pepper to the crockpot.
- Gently stir all of the ingredients together.
- Place the lid on the crockpot, and cook the dip on "High" for 90 minutes, or "Low" for 3 hours stirring the dip occasionally. The dip is done when all of the cheese is completely melted.
- Optional: Top with blue cheese crumbles and green onions. Serve with celery, chips, or crackers.
- Save time by using a rotisserie chicken.
Kay is passionate about living a healthy low carb lifestyle. She loves low carb comfort foods that are also family-friendly!