Keto egg salad takes only a few minutes to make and is so creamy and refreshing! You’ll love using this classic egg salad in lettuce wraps or stuffed into your favorite low-carb wraps or veggies.
Keto egg salad recipe
Egg salad and keto are a natural fit, especially if you pay attention to the ingredients you use!
Keto egg salad is low-carb, and high protein making it a healthy option for your meal plan.
It makes for a great, easy lunch you can prepare ahead of the weekend. It is also an easy dinner to throw together at the end of a long day, and a yummy way to use up your kid’s dyed Easter eggs.
Here’s what you’ll need for keto egg salad:
- Eggs - Hard-boiled and cooled. You will want to either chop or grate them.
- Celery - Chopped into small pieces
- Green Onion - Cut into small pieces.
- Mayonnaise - Make sure to use full-fat, regular mayo.
- Mustard - You can use yellow, dijon, or your preferred mustard.
- Salt and Pepper - Add these to taste.
How to make keto egg salad
Here are the step-by-step instructions to help you get the egg salad ready quickly and easily:
- Boil the eggs and then allow them to cool. You can carefully remove them from the water or just let them cool in the water.
- Peel the shells off and chop the eggs into bite-size pieces. Or you could use a grater to cut them up into very fine pieces.
- Add the chopped eggs to a small bowl with the remaining ingredients and then gently stir everything together until combined. At this point, adjust seasonings to your preferences.
- For best taste, allow the egg salad to chill in the fridge covered for at least 1 hour or overnight. You can then enjoy the salad as a lunch or dinner for the next 3 days.
What to eat with keto egg salad
When keeping keto, you can use a lettuce wrap, sliced cucumbers, or just eat it directly from a bowl. You could use a low-carb wrap if you would like.
Another option is to pair it with your favorite low carb veggies or other side dishes for a more complete meal. You could also serve it over a bed of greens.
Here are some delicious recipe variations:
- Add bacon: Crumble or chop up cooked bacon for added flavor and crunch
- Herbs: Add fresh chopped dill, chives, or tarragon for a refreshing flavor
- Mayo Substitutes: You could use Greek yogurt or mashed avocado
- Add chopped jalapenos: A tablespoon of chopped jalapenos will add a spicy zing.
How to store
This keto egg salad keeps well in the fridge as long as you store it in an airtight container. It should stay fresh for about 3 days.
More keto salad recipes
Keto recipes offer a low-carb, keto-friendly variation on a lot of popular recipes. Here are a few of my favorites:
- 8 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium bowl, and mix everything together.
- Serve in lettuce wraps, celery sticks, or your favorite keto-friendly vegetables.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 252Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 379mgSodium: 367mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 13g
All nutritional information and calculations are provided as a courtesy. Nutritional values are estimates only. Variations may occur due to product, and brand selection. You should not rely on this information for medical advice.
Kay is passionate about living a healthy low carb lifestyle. She loves low carb comfort foods that are also family-friendly!