Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole is the perfect comfort dish. You won't even miss the hamburger bun after trying this amazing recipe! This cheesy low carb casserole is full of cheese, ground beef, and bacon. It is definitely a meat lover's dream!
While you can't eat cheeseburgers with a traditional bun on the keto diet, this delicious low carb bacon cheeseburger casserole is sure to curb your cravings.
There is something so satisfying about a good bacon cheeseburger. Layers of meat, cheese, and bacon topped with ketchup - seriously, it's just an amazing combination! Even my husband who is not on a low carb diet loves this cheesy low carb bacon cheeseburger casserole.
Making Low Carb Cheeseburger Casserole Ahead of Time
One of my favorite things about making casseroles is that they are a great make-ahead meal. You can make this recipe ahead of time, and store it in your freezer.
Simply take it out of the freezer a day ahead for meal prep. Once thawed, this keto casserole may be stored in the fridge for 3 - 4 days.
While I made this recipe based on what I prefer on my own cheeseburger, feel free to add or remove ingredients as you like as long as they are keto-friendly of course!
What Goes into the Casserole
The main ingredients are seasoned ground beef, chopped bacon, onions, cheese, and pickles. However, feel free to add any of your favorite keto-friendly toppings as well! Mushrooms would be another great addition to this recipe.
Keto bacon cheeseburger casserole can also be served with a side of reduced sugar ketchup and yellow mustard.
How to Make Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
Hint: For a list of step by step instructions, scroll down for the recipe card.
Start off by cooking the bacon. Then season and brown the ground beef with chopped onions and garlic. Drain the ground beef, and return to the pan.
Add the cream cheese, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce to skillet with the ground beef and mix together.
Once everything is heated through, spread the ground beef mixture into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
Top the ground beef mixture with the chopped bacon and pickles.
In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, heavy cream, and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Mix it together and pour evenly over the ground beef and bacon.
Evenly top the casserole with the remaining cup of shredded cheese.
Place the casserole in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
Allow cooling 5 minutes before serving.
- 1/2 pound bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons "no sugar added" ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 dill pickle chips, sliced (You can use more or less, depending on your preference.)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the bacon according to the package instructions.
- Once the bacon is finished cooking, roughly chop and set aside.
- Add the ground beef to a skillet over medium heat and season it evenly with the seasoning salt, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Add the chopped onion and chopped garlic
- Begin to brown the meat by breaking it up and crumbling it as you cook.
- Once the meat is browned all the way through, drain the meat and return it to the skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the cream cheese, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce to the skillet with the ground beef. Mix everything until combined and heated through.
- Remove the ground beef mixture from the heat, and spread evenly into a 9x13 greased baking dish.
- Top the meat evenly with the chopped bacon, and the chopped pickles.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, heavy cream, and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Mix together, and then pour evenly over the beef and bacon.
- Evenly top the casserole with the remaining cup of shredded cheese.
- Place the casserole in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes prior to serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 336Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 118mgSodium: 722mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 23g
Kay is passionate about living a healthy low carb lifestyle. She loves low carb comfort foods that are also family-friendly!